BOOKED!
It's official: we are headed to Chicago for a weekend getaway!!! I know, I know, this isn't some romantic beach resort vacation but I can promise you this is just what the doctor ordered for us!!! Plus, we are flying for free and staying for free! Doesn't get much better than that!
I am taking part in a book study with some of my girlfriends and it is about marriage....one of the topics that hit home to me covered "recreational companionship". Dustin and I have always enjoyed watching sports together...especially live...so this trip is perfect for us. With kids it's really hard to make couple time and when we do it usually isn't more than a few hours so our recreational companionship has taken a back seat lately.
We went to Chicago a few years ago and were snowed out of seeing the Cubs play the Astros......we are hoping since the trip is in May we won't have as much to worry about in regards to the weather! Plus, our good friends Wes and Lynsey will be joining us.....I can't remember the last time we hung out with them for more than a few hours without our kids around! Real adult time, real couple time, really awesome!
Anyway, I would love love love suggestions on places to go to get the "real" Chicago experience! We are staying off Michigan Ave and close to the pier but what else should we be doing!?!?!?!
So freaking excited!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
The Windy City.......
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! I'll be in Chicago the weekend of May 7th for a friends wedding. Give me some ideas about what you're interested in doing, and I can put together some suggestions. Message me over facebook and I'll get back to you. Go Chicago!!!
Can't wait to hear all about it! So excited for you guys.
LOVE That town!!!! We have had some amazing trips there. I 'm happy to share with you some things we did.
Post a Comment