Wednesday, June 15, 2011

loooong overdue post

SO much has happened since I last blogged almost a month ago.

Here's the short version:



  • Ramsey is officially a 1st grader. She passed kinder with flying colors, is reading like crazy and ready to get her "twinkle toe" shoes for next year....she has been obsessed with them forever and has been promised a pair for 1st grade.

  • Bryson is kicking butt at swim lessons and is now part fish. good: he's no longer a wuss in the water, bad: he thinks he can swim on his own and has NO fear.

  • The kids have been to the pool LITERALLY every single day since June 4th. They are obsessed and can't get enough. Bry told me today he wanted to jump off the diving board, again he has no fear.

  • Dustin left on Monday the 6th and hasn't been home since. we miss him. A LOT.

  • My sister, and therefore my nephew and BIL, move to The Woodlands tomorrow. I'm so sad about it. I have LOVED having all of us sisters in the same area and having our kids grow up together. It's only 3.5 hours away, not 3.5 days so we will make it work....in fact, we already have a trip planned to visit in late July.

  • Bryson has an appt with a plastic surgeon next Monday. He will most likely have surgery to remove a dermoid cyst above his left eye sometime this summer....hopefully LATE August time frame. It's (hopefully) a very straight forward surgery and recovery, but we will know more next week. Please keep him in your prayers.

  • I am surviving.....summer, Dustin gone, family in, family out, birthday coming up, swim lessons every day.....I'm surviving. I LOVE my life, am BEYOND blessed and will forever be grateful for it all but some days I feel like I fail at all of it.

  • Meg, Michelle and I rocked the Susan G. Komen 5k this past weekend. I am SO excited about the 3-Day that I am participating in with some FAB ladies...more on that later!

  • Annie is this close to jumping over our fence. If she does, I'm not going after her.

  • Chi-Chi is F.A.T. I was asked if she was preggers today. She is that fat.

So, that's the Bettencourt's in a nutshell. We are looking forward to Daddy coming home on Friday and seeing him for Father's day. I am also really looking forward to a glass of wine tonight!

0 comments: