A lot of people are talking about New Years resolutions so I thought I would share a few things that I would like to accomplish this year.....and hopefully continue in the years to come.
1. Live in the present......try not to dwell on the past or focus on what might be in the future.
2. Live a healthier life......I'm trying not to focus on a number that I want to be but rather a feeling of being healthier.(and hopefully this will mean a smaller number on the scale!) This goes for my kids too, I need to put more focus into their nutrition.
(these next two are very similar but each deserve their own number)
3. Be a better friend....I am truly blessed with good friends and need to acknowledge them more often.
4. Focus on the family.....this includes my family of 4 and the rest of my relatives. I am SUPER blessed with a good family and should be more grateful for that. You can't pick your family but if I got to I would pick them all over again!
5. Get Bryson potty-trained!
6. Get a part-time job!
7. Teach Ramsey to tie her shoes. (in her defense, she has never had shoes with laces before so we haven't had to face this hurdle!)
8. Remember to thank God for my daily blessings and to grow in my faith.....this is one that I believe should be on my list every year.
9. Read one new book a month.....suggestions would be appreciated.
10. Focus on quality of time not quantity.
11. Get Annie to stop jumping on the fence....if she goes over, I'm not running after her.
12. Send put a hand written letter once a month......maybe you will get the first one?!?!?
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
New Years Resolutions:
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Books - "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue". If you are into a "dark" read - "The Pact" by J.Picult.
"The Help" is a great book. Have you read any of 'The Fever' books by Karen Marie Moning? I don't know if you are into that, but I loved them... I also love "The Outlander" books by Diana Gabaldon...."The Hunger Games" Series is for teens, but wow, I couldn't but them down....
I have tons more, but maybe that will help get you started :)
Great resolutions, I may have to copy some of them for myself. Handwritten notes, I love to do that as it's truly becoming a thing of the past and it's so very personal, and when I receive one it makes my day. Family is so important, especially extended family members when you have a small family as we do ... the older I get the more important I realize how precious family is! Love you LoriB :)
Post a Comment