Yes, it is true...Ramsey is STILL not potty trained. We have gone round and round with her on trying to get her interested in it but it just hasn't clicked with her. So, I decided today was the day we were going to sit home all day and try to figure it all out. Dustin was heading out of town and my pantry and fridge were stocked so I saw no reason why we had to leave the house for any long period of time over the next few days. The plan was to stay in and go thru as many accidents as we had to!!! (I am still not convinced she is even ready to do this but we are going to give it our best effort).
Well, Dustin came home around lunch time and suggested we all go grab a bite to eat before he hit the road. Before we left Ramsey did go potty so I was feeling somewhat comfortable in a quick road trip in big girl panties. We made a super quick stop at Lowe's where she attempted to potty....sat down, wiped, washed her hands but nothing came out. We made it thru lunch at Chick-Fil-A and she was ready to play. I guess we both forgot she was in panties, even though we had be talking about it and asking her a million times if she needed to go. To make a long story short....Ramsey had an accident in the playroom of CFA....while she was peeing she looked up at Dustin and said "It's ok daddy, it's ok". He knew immediately what she was doing and scooped her up and rushed her to me. I was feeding Bryson at the time so I made her stand there while he informed mgmt of the issue. Then Dustin took her the restroom to get cleaned up and calmed down. Within a few seconds CFA employees politely ushered all the kids out of the play area so they could clean it up!!! You know those moms were MAD MAD MAD that there kids couldn't play...ugh. Needless to say, we packed up our stuff and got out of there as soon as possible. Poor Ramsey was so upset.
Three good things did come out of this:
1. She realized she shouldn't have done that...she was SO upset about it (in the past she has always just completely blown accidents off). She seemed excited to be wearing panties out and about as we have never allowed that before.
2. We realized that we have to be super diligent. Seriously, what were we thinking? Apparently the sleep deprivation has gone to my head. I feel so stupid. Talk about putting pressure on the kid.
3. However, it is good to know that the CFA crew responded so quickly and got all the other kids out of there. It was a VERY small amount on the floor but as soon as we told them, 30 seconds after it happened, they were in there cleaning it all up.
Anyway, that's my exciting potty training story of the day. I am sure there will be more as the weekend ensues....remind me why I decided to do this while Dustin was out of town????? Once again, it has to be the lack of sleep.
Love to you all!!!
Lori
BTW, Bryson just continued to drink his bottle up like he didn't have a care in the world! He was the only one that enjoyed lunch today!
And yes, I promise pictures soon!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Potty Training 101
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ahh, the joys of potty training!!!
I enjoyed reading your updates and getting caught up on everything and everybody. Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of parenting, it brings back great memories. It was fun reading.
Linda
Post a Comment