Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Update on Potty Training.....

Apparently the key to my little girls heart (or to get her to go potty) is to fill a paper bag full of junk toys from Wal-mart, call it the Potty Prizes and she will go in the potty all day long!!! She has done so well since Sunday and even went in the potty on an outing to Target! So, hopefully we are on our way to diaper free days for her! She might just get her Leapster (the ultimate prize) before her birthday!!!

Today I took the kids to a local farm with the neighborhood moms group. Ramsey absolutely LOVED the animals and had a great time playing with the other kids. I thought she might be scared of the sheep, goats and cows that they were feeding but she jumped right on in there and had a ball giving them bread. I was also scared that I would have an asthma/allergy attack but I didn't touch ANYTHING and used the hand sanitizer at least a dozen times. I wasn't able to take any pictures for fear of Ramsey "loving" the animals too much...she doesn't know how hard she can squeeze...so no pictures this time. Bryson enjoyed the morning outside.

It was a great outing until we were about to leave. As I was getting Bryson in the car he started screaming, I think it was a mixture of wanting out of the car seat and some hunger thrown on top. Ramsey meanwhile found a bag of gummy worms in the car that she wanted to eat. No big deal, right?!?!!?! As I was getting a bottle ready for Bryson I look over at Ramsey and she has big ol' tears in her eyes, her was face turning red and her hand was in her mouth. I quickly figured out she was choking on her candy. As I ran around the car to help her I get there just in time to see her throw up all over herself. Poor thing was very upset and threw the gummy worms down as if it was their fault. It all happened in about 5 seconds but I don't think she will be wanting anything gummy for awhile. Good news is after we came home and took baths all is right in the Bettencourt world again.

Until next time...............

By the way, Dustin is home today with some sort of stomach virus, I wish I would have stolen some of that hand sanitizer from the farm I think I might run out here.

0 comments: