Sunday, June 13, 2010

road-trip, lake and a surprise!

Thursday night we crammed all of our crap, I mean stuff, into the Subaru and headed southbound on I-35 to visit Lolli, Pops and Auntie Ang in Round Rock. We were actually doind a little caravan with Pops (because he bought an awesome new boat in Plano and was picking it up) for a little while but left him in the dust after dinner so the kids could burn some energy. I must say that Bryson is getting better and better at the whole road trip thing! We didn't even have to bust out our secret weapon (Reeces pieces) this trip!

Anyway, we spent ALL DAY Saturday on the boat on Lake Travis and it was so much fun. After 5 minutes of floating around both kids were jumping off the side of the boat and they even got on the tube with Daddy! I was fully expecting this to be a total bust.....in my mind they were crying over the life jackets, about how cold the water was, that they were hot, etc......but none of that happened! WOOHOO for lake rats!


Oh, and did I mention we brought home a new puppy??!?!?!?

I know, what the heck were we thinking?? To be honest, I was against it from the beginning (for multiple reasons) but I know it will end up being great. Her name is Annie "Get your Guns Up" Bettencourt and she is a doll. Ramsey, so far, is taking her responsibilities as a doggy owner very seriously. However, I am realistic in knowing that 75% of the time this dog will be my responsibility......its a good thing she is so cute! She is a product of 2 good dogs, Lolli and Pop's labs, so I know it won't take her long to get the hang of it.


Oh, as for Maddi and Chi-Chi....they sniffed her once, gave her the look-over and went about their day.

Check out her paws.....and they are small compared to her sisters!


But seriously, who could say no to this face?!?!



3 comments:

Aunt CiCi said...

How sweet she is, and so glad you had a great trip!

Amanda said...

She is just precious. But let's be honest...I'm glad it's you with a puppy and not me! I swear it took our lab 6 years to out-grow her puppiness!

Carin said...

Glad you have her and not me! I'm so done with puppies.