Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trevor


He is our "Elf on the Shelf" and I love him to pieces. Ramsey is amazed that he "flies" away to Santa every night and can't wait to see where his is the next morning. Plus, if she acts up or whines I just mention the word "Trevor" and she straightens right up.


He has sat on the J, the O and the Y, on top of the fridge, in the tree and just about everywhere else in our kitchen/living room. We are taking him to Round Rock with us this weekend so she can wake up to him there too!
I LOVE experiencing the magic of Christmas through Ramsey's eyes!!

I think there should be a "Birthday Buddy", "Easter Bunny on a Shelf", "Turkey Tom" etc......one for every holiday. She won't listen to me but she sure wants to make Trevor happy!!!
P.S. If you don't have an Elf on the Shelf and your kid is around 3-4 years old...I would HIGHLY recommend it!
P.S.S. Please ignore our stocking free mantle. I am terrified that Bryson will pull them down on top of his head so they are in a closet until Christmas Eve!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

This is the cutest idea! I gaurentee when Ramsey has her own kids she going to ask you to pass Trevor onto her. What a great Mom!

The Gleasons said...

So funny you blogged about this! Mine is on reserve at B&N. We're going to get it today. I'm so excited to start this tradition! :)

Christine said...

I too have the fear of the stockings hitting the head. Last year I invested in the 3-m hooks. They are perfect in the "brushed nickle" plastic.

Anonymous said...

Lori, I don't think I have told you the stoy about our elf on the shelf last year...Emily was scared of him and couldn't sleep. She asked me to send him back to Santa! So to help her go to sleep, we put him in an envelope addressed to the North Pole and took him out to the mailbox. We meant to get him out early the next morning. Of course we forgot and the mailman took him away! She asked me about him this year, and I told her that Santa wouldn't send him back b/c he knows she is scared of him- nice, huh? I'll save my story about Taylor pulling the stocking holder down on her head for another time...