1. I LOVE living right across the street from the elementary school. I love walking Ramsey to school everyday and hearing about her day in the afternoon.
2. Elementary school is WAY cooler now than when I was in it. Their assembly on Friday was so super cute and I hear they get better when the different classes/grades perform.
3. Buying a school lunch is the "cool" thing to do on Fridays.
4. I owe Bradley (a boy in Ramsey's class) a big Thank You for making her first week such a success......she loves him! The good news is, I think he loves her too!
5. Getting up early is for the birds.
6. Bryson seriously acts like he misses Ramsey during the day. When he asks where she is and I reply "at school" he goes to the front window and looks for her.
7. I have met a lot more people this week and I am totally excited about the possible friendships to be made in this neighborhood! (not that I will ever lose my CR peeps! Love you ladies) Our neighborhood HOA party was tonight at the pool. We had a nice time and met some more "neighbors" so hopefully we will feel connected soon!
8. Other than lunch, specials and snack I have no idea what Ramsey does at school.
9. Doris, our crossing guard, is AMAZING! I love her! I also have a feeling if I am nice to her she will spoil us!!!!!! Plus, you know she has all the scoop from the 'hood so I need to befriend her and soon! Oh, and she always comments on what Ramsey is wearing so you know little miss priss loves that!
10. Having my mom here this week was such a blessing. I guess real life will begin on Monday morning! Dustin is traveling a lot over the next few weeks so I need to get organized and fast.
11. Bryson starts school in a week and I am fist-pumping at the thought of going to the grocery store by myself!
12. I will be returning to the gym this week after an unexpected hiatus. I really want to lose about 15 pounds so I need to get up there!
13. Dustin's cousin, Matthew Bettencourt, was playing in the Little League World Series on ESPN and ABC. It was so fun to follow them the last few weeks and we are all so proud of the team and what they accomplished. I know they are probably upset that they won't be in the final game but they should be so proud of themselves for going as far as they did. What a great run they had and it was so much fun (and nerve-racking) to watch.
14. We went to Heritage High School's football game last night and we fell in love with this school....it is the school that Ramsey will feed into (if zoning doesn't change 5 times by then) for her high school years. This is their first year to have varsity sports and there are no seniors at the school, just freshman-juniors. Anyway, we had a lot of fun and are excited about seeing this school grow and form traditions! Plus, their fight song is set to the tune of Tech's fight song so you know we loved it even more once we heard that!
15. It's 10:00 and I am wiped out. I am so old.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
happenings.....
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment