Sunday, August 22, 2010

questions and thoughts.....

have we done enough to prepare her?
will she be the littlest one there?
will she meet new friends and will they be nice?
will she be scared tomorrow?

where did the time go?

I am a worrier and I am naturally worried about her starting school tomorrow. I mean, this is the first day of the rest of her life.....or at least the next 13 years of it. She's still so little, she is still our baby girl, she should still be 2 years old sucking her fingers and wearing pig tails.

But, I will suck it up in front of her. I will smile and fake it. Because, that is what we do as parents. We suck it up for our kids so they can grow confident in their choices, so they can become independent and so they can learn.

And then there is a high probability I will turn away and fall into a heap on the floor......the rest of the parents will have to step over me but she won't know that. All she will know is the excitement of her new friends, classroom and teacher.

K is for Kindergarten and it is also for Keep it together, mom.

0 comments: