One of life's greatest predicaments.....do we NEED it or do we just want it.
For instance.....I really NEED a rug for my kitchen, to go under our table, but do I really NEED it? Dustin would probably say NO but I say YES I NEED it. It would not only add some color to that otherwise drab area, it would prevent scratches on our tile so I say it is a NEED......but then again I can rationalize anything that I WANT.
Ramsey woke up this morning and said she needed to have a play date today. That she would be sad if she didn't have one. Really, you NEED to? Or you just WANT it?
Anyway, the point of all of this is to say that I am really going to try to cut down on my wants and focus on what I really NEED......I NEED to focus on my relationship with God, I need to spend more QUALITY time with my family (turn off the tv, and just play) I need to relax about the house (I feel like I am always fretting about how messy it is....it is supposed to be that way, we have 2 kids!) I need to stop worrying about what others think and do what I want to do and what I know I should do.
God gives everyone a purpose in their life and I NEED to figure out what mine is. What is my spiritual gift? What should I be doing to spread his word??
Baby Nate was baptized this weekend and it got me thinking about all of this. Am I doing enough to shine my light of Christ to those that know me? Unfortunately, NO. This is something that I NEED to do.
Anyway, enough rambling.....I NEED to go wrestle with Bryson!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Needs VS Wants
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very well written, to this day I often struggle with NEEDS vs WANTS, and I stuggle to with what is my spiritual gift ... and at my age think I should be pretty clear on it ... I think it often changes according to what is happening in our lives. And I know that my "light" doesn't shine through me as it should ... but then, even in my early 60's I know I continue to grow through my faith and love of Christ in my life. Love you, Aunt CiCi
Very well said. I am coming up ideas on what your gift is, and will get back to you. Love your new tag line of your blog too!
Post a Comment