So I know my Mother's day wishes are a day late but that is just how my life has been lately....I seem to do everything a day late! To all my mommy friends out there....I love you all and am so thankful we have each other to help us thru this journey.
As I was cleaning up this afternoon it hit me how rewarding motherhood can be. I am currently watching my friend Erin's little girl Ava. She and Ramsey play together all the time....they fight like sisters sometimes but they BEG to play together all the time. Ramsey is at school today so it is just little Bryson, Ava and I. This is the first time I have watched Ava without Ramsey around and it has been such a treat! She is such a fun little girl, very inquisitive and down right funny. What occurred to me today was that it really is more important to have your kids behave well for others than for you. We, as parents, are supposed to put up with their attitudes, fits and fights. It is the lessons we teach them during their difficult times that shape them into the perfect kids they are when we aren't around.
Now, that doesn't mean I don't want Ramsey to behave well for me but I just had the realization that it is better for her to be on her best behavior when we are not around.... hopefully that will reflect back on us. I think parents also need reassurance that we are doing a good job from outside sources so here's my shoutout for the day: Geoff and Erin are doing a great job with Ava!
I hope some of that made sense...probably not so that is enough rambling for the day!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU! Dustin and I are SO blessed with our mom's...I hope our kids will feel the same way one day.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Mother's Day!
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment