Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Peace and Quiet....

So the gym I go to lost their electricity this morning, some transformer or something blew out. I was bummed at first because I was really looking forward to getting ready there after my work out......there is just something about getting ready there that totally relaxes me. Maybe it is the fact that I can blow dry my hair or pluck my eyebrows with out someone either interrupting me, rushing me or trying to do the same thing. :)

Anyway, my whole point of this post is to say that I LOVED working out in peace and quiet. Sure there were people there talking but the music wasn't on, the "purr" of the treadmills was missing and the place was lit by sunlight. I lifted weights in silence and I must admit I was much more focused than normal. Plus, I saw a friend there and since neither one of us wanted to do the dreaded elliptical machine we walked outside in the cool air and it was GREAT!

I think it just goes to show how much stuff we have in our lives that can interrupt us and distract us. I think I am going to try to bring my life back to the basics more. This family could use more quiet time for sure.....so, for the rest of the week the tv will be turned off sooner, the computer shut down, phones turned off and we will just be.....together.

Lesson learned: It was quiet and it was nice.

1 comments:

rackersfamily said...

I like that idea!! We might need a technology free night also!