Saturday, September 13, 2008

Life is NOT fair

We have some really good friends of ours that are going thru a tough time right now. For the sake of some privacy here we will call them "Hef" and "Karen".

Hef is needing a liver transplant and found out yesterday that he has been taken off the roller coaster ride called "the list". He has been on this list for MONTHS and MONTHS and we were all expecting the call at any time saying it was his turn for a new chance on life. So, after one little kidney test they tell him he is off the list. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Is this really a one chance and you're out type of deal? The "good news" out of all of this is that when he is put back on the list....when he passes his next kidney test.....he will go to the same spot he was before.

I am not going to pretend like I have any knowledge about how any of this works but it seems to me that this is a little drastic. I know they can't operate if his body isn't ready but couldn't they have just told him that he will need to retake the test and not just call the dude at work and tell him he is off the list? I just don't think any of it is fair. It breaks my heart and pisses me off. I can't even imagine what is going thru their heads right now but I hope they know they are loved and there are so many people out there praying for them.

So, to my prayer warriors out there.......start to praying that when he takes his next kidney test that he passes AND that they transplant him during the time that he is healthiest. I also think we should pray for patience and understanding as well as peace of mind for them. This whole process has been such a trying time for them and while they have faith that God will work it out, it is getting harder for them to see the silver lining. This couple are "good peeps" as we call them with an adorable family. Please start praying!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know you have a prayer warrior here sister. it breaks my heart to read this...

Blonde Momma said...

hef and karen sound like great people, i hope it works out for them. WHAT GREAT FRIENDS THEY HAVE! :)