So, my sister Megan always makes fun of me for remembering the stupidest things from our childhood. Today, as I was commiserating over the heat, I remembered the silliest tid-bit. I can vividly remember watching the TV in Amarillo hoping that we hit the 100 degree mark AND I would be mad if we didn't get there.
WHAT?
It must be true that as a kid the heat doesn't affect you as much. I mean, it has to be true because I see kids running around outside all the time and they don't look like they are going to die. As for myself, if I can't get a front row parking spot where I am going I probably won't go. Who wants to unload and load the kids in this heat.
Could I obsess more about the heat? I know what you are thinking....."Get over it". And I will, as soon as "fall" comes to Texas!
And what kind of idiot plans an outdoor birthday party in late June? That would be me! Here's hoping for a nice cool breeze on Saturday morning from 10-12!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
childhood memories
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Get over it. It's hot. It's always been hot in TX and it always will be hot in TX.....
Be thankful you don't have 12 stalls to clean and 20 head of horses to feed in the heat.
And you were a weird kid anyway.....: )
Too bad fall doesn't come until November in Texas!!!!
Post a Comment