I spent this weekend helping my family clean out our lake house on Lake LBJ. This house has been in our family for 50 years and pulling way from it today felt like a death in the family. I cannot remember a summer that I didn't go there and spend at least a few days. As an adult we have spent wonderful vacations there with our friends and their kids.
No matter who was there or what was done I will always cherish the memories of the lake house.......birthday parties, stickers, staying up late with the cousins, Michigan Rummy, watermelon, the smell of sunscreen, MY boat, torpedo, firecrackers, washers, mustaches, outdoor showers, grilling, playing "stick" with Maddi, snakes, the list could go on and on. (but most of you have no idea what I am talking about so I will keep it short)
It will be greatly missed.

1 comments:
I still can't believe it. I cried so hard Saturday night after my mom told me about the dumpster taking all of the stuff away. I could still cry about it. I think it's really going to be hard when I fly down in a couple of weeks knowing it's no longer ours to enjoy.
Post a Comment