Saturday, September 12, 2009

10 years ago

10 years ago today our dear friend Geoff was fighting for his life in a hospital room.

In order for Geoff to live, unfortunately someone else had to die. That person had no idea when she woke up that fateful morning that she wouldn't live to see the next day. Her family and friends had no idea that they would never get to talk to her, see her or hug her again. It is very sad.......and I am sure the pain from her families loss is still great.

However, I am also sure they would be happy to know that out of her death and their loss, became an amazing story, family and legacy. Because of her, Geoff is celebrating 10 years post-transplant with a beautiful wife and 2 amazing kids by his side!! 10 years ago he was given a second chance because of the self-less act of a complete stranger.

So, my thoughts today are consumed with all the good that can come out of organ donation. Why wouldn't I want someone else to benefit, to LIVE, if it is my time to go? God doesn't need my organs, so when my time comes I hope I can leave them behind for someone else.........so that I can create hope for a person in need.

If you aren't an organ donor, you can go here and sign up: http://www.donatelife.net/
I am a proud card carrier and hope that you are (or will be soon) too!

Congrats Geoff on 10 years!!!! Here's to many, many more!



6 comments:

Blonde Momma said...

I cried, seriously. that was really sweet. thank-you.

Kim S said...

Thanks for pulling me out of my bad mood, and making me realize what really matters in life.

Betty said...

That was so touching and so very thoughtful to many.

rackersfamily said...

Truely an amazing story! Yeah Geoff!

Mitzi said...

I just went online and signed up to be an organ donor. Layne and I are now both registered. Great post!

Tracy said...

Love this post Lori. So happy that there are now 2 more organ donors in this world because of it and Geoff.