Monday, September 7, 2009

I've always wanted to be a Soccer Mom

and now that I am one I am pretty much over it. It doesn't help that poor Dustin signed up to be the assistant coach (just bc he is a nice guy) but no one offered to coach so now he is Head Coach......which in turn makes me team manager.

Let's just say that some of our parents are really taking this 4 year old soccer a little too seriously....I overheard one talking to her husband on the phone saying things like "he has never even played the game" and "I can't really tell what they are doing right now"

Dustin was very candid with these parents at the first practice and said that his main goal was to get the girls to understand the BASIC concepts of the game and to have fun. Other than that, we have no real expectations.......isn't that how it should be? If you are trying to raise the next Mia Hamm my suggestion to you would be a private coach and select team, not the freaking city league.

Our first game is on Saturday and as luck would have it we are playing Ramsey's BFF Ava. The FC UNICORNS vs The COSMOS......it is sure to be the greatest soccer game EVER!

One last thing, our uniforms are hideous......clearly men run the soccer uniform world bc no woman in her right mind would pair the blue and yellow jerseys with black shorts for little girls.

4 comments:

Owlz Softball said...

You are so funny. My husband coaches my daughter too, and usually wants to pull his hair out by the end of every practice.

Kayla said...

Welcome to the world of parents living vicariously through their kids sports. I have put my time in on the soccer field, baseball field, football field and basketball court. Have fun this is just the beginning.

rackersfamily said...

She needs a blue, yellow and black bow!

Lori said...

Soooo funny! Been there, done that... good luck!