My Grammie, Grammie "A" as we call her, has been making this Swedish bread for as long as I can remember. Every single time we came to San Antonio to visit her she would have it for us or if she came to visit us in Amarillo she would bring it.
It isn't hard to make but it is a pain in the butt......an all day process. But the end result is totally worth it.
I remember her always complaining that it would never rise like she thought it should but we never noticed.......however, now that I have made it twice I feel the same way. I was totally bummed it didn't rise more but it tasted like the original so I got over it quickly.
Anyway, no one will care about this at all except for my family. I am just happy that I can carry on something that Grammie A has always done for us......as I certainly didn't inherit her sewing gene.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Grammie Bread
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 6:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
AND IT TASTES SO GOOD!!!! Just like the original. I wish I inherited the sewing gene too....
Post a Comment