So today I have spent the majority of the day cleaning my house and fighting off a headache. I woke up determined to start 2009 with a clean house! Mission accomplished on that front HOWEVER I have come to the sad sad realization that my house really is a mess. I need to organize every square inch of it and pronto. As most of you know, we would like to move at some point bc we are bustin' outta here with all of our crap but if I would just get organized I think we would regain some our sanity.
Therefore I am making my new year's resolution public so that at any point throughout the year you can ask me how I am doing and I will have to truthfully answer.
Mark my words: In the year 2009 the Bettencourt household will become organized!!!
Now, on my to my review of 2008.........
Of course we will mark it down as a great year because the birth of little chunky himself Byrson! What a trip this little boy is. He has such a "chill" personality most of the time and then before you know it he is playing in the dogs water bowl or pulling things down on top of himself. He is so different than Ramsey was at this age and we can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for him.
Ramsey has flourished this year and has amazed us with her big sister skills! She was meant to be a sister and share her love! What a great mommy she will make some day. Now, that is not to say that Bryson isn't tempted to knock her out someday but she truly just loves him so much she just can't get enough of him. Her mind is expanding so quickly and we are constantly amazed at what comes out her mouth. 3 going on 30!
Can you believe that I have been a SAHM for almost 10 months?? Dustin and I went into this promising that we would take it 6 months at a time and if we felt at any point that I should go back to work that I would. I am so blessed to have this time to stay home with them and we are SO blessed that Dustin has the job he has. 2008 was great for his career and I am looking forward to watching him kick butt this next year. I truly am so proud of him!
OK, so this is sounding a lot like a Hallmark greeting card and not like real life. Yes, life can be a drag sometimes and there are days that I wonder if I am doing more harm than good staying at home but when I really think about it I know this is where I am meant to be right now.
2008 was a good year for the Bettencourts and we have a lot to look forward to in 2009. For instance, Geoff will be getting his new liver this year! A new niece or nephew is due in July! Most of my high school and college friends are turning 30 this year so that means a lot of fun parties!! With all the good we know to expect some bad as well but we have faith in God that he will carry us through it all.
Hope you all have a happy new year! I am off to try to get rid of this damn headache!!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
2008 in review.....
Posted by BettencourtFamily at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment