Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Exciting things happening around here.....

Last night Dustin was out of town so after I put the kids down I had the evening to myself. A few girlfriends came over and we had a cocktail and of course gossiped! After they left I was just about to pack it in for the night when I got one of those wild hairs up my you-know-what and decided to do some VERY random cleaning.

Now a few months ago our washing machine died so we went out and bought one of those fancy-smancy front loader kind. While I love it dearly, it was starting to get a rather rank smell to it. I try to remember to wipe it out after every use but let's get real....you know that doesn't happen as often as it should. I decided to take a look at the little guide book to see if there was something else I should be doing. Lo and behold there is a tube and filter at the bottom of it that you are supposed to drain and clean TWICE a month....you can guess how often that has happened. So, I thought to myself there is no time like the present and started to drain it. The smell that came out of that washing machine was awful, rancid and just plain skanky. It smelled like a dead goldfish that had been sitting in it's water for a week....NASTY. And to think that is what I wash my babies clothes in, gross.

Anyway, I drained the darn thing, cleaned the filter (which by the way was NOT nasty!) and headed to bed. That is until I put my water glass in the dishwasher and noticed it had a not-so-fresh smell to it too. After looking online for 5 minutes I decided a good vinegar bath would do the trick and ran it thru a cycle.

I must admit I felt good about my random acts of cleaning and finally did go to bed. I woke up this morning with a clean dishwasher and an even cleaner clothes washer! I even remembered to mark on my calendar when I did it and when to do it again! You know where I will be every other Monday!!!!!!

2 comments:

Blonde Momma said...

Girl! Next time you get an urge like that just keep drinking.

Anonymous said...

Come clean my house!