Thursday, June 26, 2008

California here we come....

So, I leave today with two girlfriends for 3 nights and 2 days in the beautiful state of California. I came to the realization last night that you could be sending me to Po-dunk, Arkansas and I wouldn't care.....the destination doesn't matter, the time away will!

I know I will miss my kids and Dustin but I truly think I need a little "me" time. The ONLY time I have been away from Bryson since he was born is a few times at the gym (which you know I wasn't enjoying that "me" time), one night out for dinner, church on Sunday, a few bunko and pokeno nights and a few trips to the grocery store. Looking back, that is probably a grand total of 15 hours away from him. Now, don't you start thinking I am complaining about staying at home with them because I LOVE IT and wouldn't have it any other way right now......I just think mom's deserve a little time apart to "renew" themselves. (We are choosing to "renew" ourselves this weekend with a few drinks, a little shopping, laying by the beach and sleeping.....I tear up just thinking about it!)

I think the whole family will be in better spirits when I return!!! For now, I must go so I can pack for myself and the kids. Dustin is taking them on a road trip all by himself to Houston to visit family and friends and take Rams to her first Astros game. If you feel the need to call and check on him, DON'T...he will be way too busy!!! Just pray for all of us!

0 comments: